Sunday, March 29, 2009

Honey and Marshmallow Fluff

Via LEMON-AIDE Squeezing the most out of life with chronic illnesses, entry
“Fluff Between the Ears”-CFS/FMS and related conditions I found the following poem:

A Hum or Two
by, Kerry Ryan-Kuhn

Pooh Bear has found me
Came knocking at my door,
Under the pretense of craving honey,
But I suspect there is more.

Perhaps he heard that I, too,
Have become of little brain,
And fluff between my ears Is all that remains.
Between spoonfuls of honey He offers me a hum or two,
And tells me that hums and poems “Have to find you.”

And now finding myself A poet left with little brain,
I wonder if in the fluff The poetry remains.
For if poems and hums find Pooh– And Pooh found me,
I might stop pining for my brain, And let the fluff be.

I don't think I can stop pining for more of my brain processes to return. I invest in honey (fun) and "fluff correction" (regaining more functionality) of my brain.

Lots of spoonfuls of honey and "fluff correction" one day at a time, will make my little brain recover. Everything will feel right again soon, I think.

No comments: