Sunday, February 8, 2009

FORE!

In the MRI they took when they discovered my brain tumor, the picture looked to me like about the size and shape of a golf ball. So, it is not surprising that the surgical scar on the side of my head, after the tumor was resected, looked a lot like a divot. Do you want to see the ball?



Do you have a chronic illness? Do you use humor to help you deal with the effects of the illness on your life? If so, would you like to post an entry to show how humor has helped you deal with your condition in your every life?

2 comments:

Cathi said...

You are a nut! NO, I don't want to see your ball! I am so glad you started this blog. Venting, ranting, sharing...it's all good for the soul. Keep us updated (and laughing, with your wonderful humor).
Big Hugs, Cathi

Anonymous said...

No chronic disease, fortunately, but I find that humor is absolutely essential in getting through ordinary life.

That's some golf ball --- whew!

Here are some verses by Dorothy Parker (sardonic cynical society writer who appears in a verse of a Cole Porter song). No comment on Lamar intended!

One Perfect Rose

A single flow'r he sent me, since we met, All tenderly his messenger he chose; Deep-hearted, pure, with scented dew still wet ---- One perfect rose.

I knew the language of the floweret;
'My fragile leaves,' it said, 'his heart enclose.'
Love long has taken for his amulet
One perfect rose.

Why is it no one ever sent me yet
One perfect limousine, do you suppose?
Ah no, it's always just my luck to get
One perfect rose.

Comment

Oh, life is a glorious cycle of song,
A medley of extemporanea;
And love is a thing that can never go wrong, And I am Marie of Roumania.

cheers!