Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Brain Negotiation - where is the humor?

This conversation "with my brain" is dedicated to Necole who I owe so much. I could not make any of the progress I am making without her help. Necole, I promise to keep rewriting this draft-of-dribble. For now it is all it can be.

Dear Brain,

I am patient and grateful that you haven't yet tried to reboot today, even though you are obviously wrestling around to find "safe mode".

I would wave a magic want to release you from the neurological struggles if I could. I understand that you have had a hard time since the tumor was removed, and that the resulting expected outcomes are hard on you. But, remember I am trying to rely on you which isn't easy for either of us.

I can see you are in a box with no windows or doors today, and the walls are to thick to punch a whole through to crawl out.

I can see that you have checked out from this conversation. You just need to go off until you settle down to rest. This includes discontinuing the spinning, waves of nausea, swimming, and clearing up the fog state.

Go rest now. This has been enough.

No comments: